ACTIVE TEXTILES means clothes that provide care, freshness, comfort and protection for your skin. Imagine that every time you put on your favorite shirt it actually takes care of you the way you take care of it. The principle is simple: Build active ingredients into the fabric of clothing so that with the natural movement of your body, your skin is slowly freshened and revitalized.
At the center of this innovation are four key ingredient brands from Pulcra Chemicals: BELFASUN®, CYCLOFRESH®, SKINTEX® and REPELLAN®. The result of bringing together leading fabric technology, decades of experience with health and beauty products and the power of nature itself, ACTIVE TEXTILES bring new possibilities to your fashion concepts and collections. When are you going to get ACTIVE?
Whether out on the waves, on the beach, playing golf or on safari people exposed to the sun need effective ultraviolet screening. Hence the masses of creams and sprays used each summer. If that is no sufficient, on go the textile “cover-ups”, preferably combined with conventional UV protection.
But what only a few people realize is that cotton provides little resistance to UVA/UVB radiation, particularly when white or in light colors. The protection is even less when cotton fabric becomes wet. Enter BELFASUN® from Pulcra Chemicals – the world’s first sun protection especially for cotton.
Textiles subjected to this process can be relied upon to give safe and dependable sun protection. BELFASUN® ensures total UVB and 70% UVA radiation absorption, with the remaining 30% UVA being effectively scattered. Fit for the Sun.
CYCLOFRESH® and CYCLOFRESH® PLUS are based on natural source ingredients and made from renewable raw materials – therefore they are a “green” solution.
The process behind it is quite simple: cyclodextrin molecules absorb substances which are responsible for the development of unpleasant odor in textiles and simply lock them away. In the next wash these substances are washed out and the molecules are ready to store more.
The pasta smells rise temptingly from the plate, your appetite throws all caution to the wind, and before you know it you’ve got spaghetti sauce down your front. It’s a story we’re all familiar with but not something we worry about at the time. And if you’re unable to remove the stain, then the fabric is just ruined.
Not so with REPELLAN®. REPELLAN® envelops the fabric like an invisible film and makes it harder for greasy and wet substances to penetrate. All sorts of soil can be removed easily and gently through a protective treatment, invisible to the naked eye. And REPELLAN® can even do more.
In fact, the repelling action of the fabric offers lasting protection against water too – and the treatment survives many washes.
SKINTEX® insect repellent contains highly effective and well proven ingredients that have been successfully used as mosquito repellent for decades. The slightest change in the weather and they are there in swarms: mosquitoes and midges. Scented candles, creams and electric zappers are barely enough to deter them from eating us alive. And if you like being in the great outdoors, then you have little choice but to keep reapplying cream from tip to toe – or be bitten. Until SKINTEX® fabrics containing SKINTEX® insect repellent mean you don’t have to worry about a cream wearing off.
In fact, everywhere that your body is covered by SKINTEX® fabric you are protected against the annoying little pests. SKINTEX® protection can be applied to a variety of materials and is effective against mosquitoes and more.
Pulcra is a worldwide operating company and supplier of innovative specialty products with profound process and engineering know-how. Based on more than 140 years of experience and partnering with customers, Pulcra takes care of both the regulatory requirements in our most important target markets and also the prevailing trends relating to health and safety and ecological sustainability. We are present in all relevant markets while eagerly identifying new business opportunities and flowering markets.
Responsibility for mother earth is more than being familiar with statutory requirements. At Pulcra, we are committed to finding a healthy balance between economic, ecological and social demands, without compromising the development opportunities of future generations. We recognize that saving energy and natural resources means not only being economically successful today but more importantly being actively in line with a flourishing future. This applies to our company generally, and our products specifically.